Outdoor Retailer Summer Full of New Experiences
Outdoor community to reunite in person August 10-12 in Denver
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, California – (June 24, 2021) – The Outdoor Retailer Summer show returns to Denver this August 10-12, 2021, with a lineup of new experiences for the outdoor community. New features during the in-person show at the Colorado Convention Center include: Fresh, a curated zone highlighting first-time exhibitors; Basecamp, an outdoor space with daily events and food trucks; and GATHER by Basecamp Outdoor, an industry networking event. New pre-show opportunities will help attendees prepare for the show, including: Match by Outdoor Retailer, a hosted matchmaking event for brands and retailers; and twice-weekly online education beginning July 8.
“For decades we’ve seen the vibrant energy of our community in full effect at Outdoor Retailer, and the new opportunities to connect with each other and learn will continue to stoke that passion,” said Marisa Nicholson, Outdoor Retailer senior vice president and show director. “We’re looking forward to reuniting in Denver, to having in-person meetings, and to discovering all that’s new up close. These meaningful conversations and experiences can spark new ideas and influence decisions to help our industry make progress.”
New show areas and events at Outdoor Retailer Summer offer more opportunities for retailers to discover new brands and products along with dedicated space for the community to network:
- Fresh: A new area on the show floor, Fresh introduces buyers and media to new brands and first-time exhibitors. For retailers looking to diversify store offerings and attract customers with innovative products all year, Fresh provides nourishment to help business grow.
- Basecamp: Basecamp is an outdoor gathering space. Located adjacent to the convention center, attendees can stop by Basecamp to enjoy a cup of coffee or latte from Summit Coffee, grab a bite to eat at food trucks, meet up with colleagues, and network at happy hours. The 5Point Film Festival returns to Outdoor Retailer on the first night at Basecamp, and Night 2 will feature music along with the Inspiration Awards Watch Party.
- GATHER by Basecamp, a networking event and happy hour at Outdoor Retailer: Basecamp Outdoor, the popular digital community for outdoor industry jobs and networking, will be live and in-person for the first time at Outdoor Retailer. Everyone is welcome (whether attending Outdoor Retailer or not) to join the free curated speed networking event followed by an informal happy hour on Tuesday, August 10, 2021, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. MT. Learn more and register here to attend.
Pre-show activity begins in July, providing attendees with knowledge to support productive meetings at the show in Denver and avenues to forge new relationships:
- Online Education: Learning opportunities at Outdoor Retailer begin July 8 with two education sessions per week leading up to the in-person show in August. The webinar-style sessions are open to everyone, allowing attendees to dive into outdoor industry trends, consumer data, policy, participation, and climate action. Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) will lead weekly conversations, and the NPD Group, WGSN, and Fashion Snoops will share trend insight. Also join Downlite, IDFL, deBrand, and Canada Goose to walk through recycling and circularity; and Outdoor Retailer Magazine and Gear Junkie join forces for the Gear Guide. View the full schedule and register for sessions here.
- Match by Outdoor Retailer: A new concierge-led business matchmaking program, Match by Outdoor Retailer will leverage intuitive event technology to connect brands and buyers for the summer show. The guided program helps participants launch lasting partnerships. For more information, contact the Outdoor Retailer team.
Outdoor Retailer returns in person this August 10-12 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, providing an opportunity for the industry to reunite and the space to reignite relationships. Alongside events and educational opportunities, the show continues to be a place to network, discover new brands and products, and build relationships. Registration is open.
Brands interested in exhibiting, sponsorships, or learning more about Outdoor Retailer Summer can contact an Outdoor Retailer Account Executive today.
About Outdoor Retailer
Outdoor Retailer, the largest U.S. trade show and premier business event for the outdoor industry, brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of outdoor recreation through trade shows, Outdoor Retailer Magazine, product demo events, media events and web-based business solutions. The Outdoor Retailer trade shows are the premier outdoor industry events for North America, providing platforms for critical face-to-face business initiatives, line previews, innovations, launches, networking and retailer education. Visit www.outdoorretailer.com for more information.
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers’ businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit www.emeraldx.com.
Outdoor Retailer Media Contact